Breaking News

Playing doubles with Roger Federer would be a dream, says Husler

Marc Andrea Husler is one of the four players chosen to play the Davis Cup tie for Switzerland against Russia on Friday and Saturday. In an interview to Bluewin, Husler said: "I am proud to be part of the team. It shoes that Seve is confident on me. I improved last year but I need to keep making signs of progress."

On the new Davis Cup format, Husler added: "It's a shame that the countries are not able to play ties at home. Yeah, the idea is good. But we will only know at the end of the year is the format is good. I play best of three sets the whole year so for me that's an advantage. Everything is possible with the new format, even against Great players like Khachanov or Medvedev.'

Asked if he ever hit with Stan Wawrinka and Roger Federer, Husler added: 'I trained with Stan a few days before the tournament in Geneva last year and in April 2018 I and Jakub Paul trained with Roger and his team in Dubai.'

If Switzerland defeated Russia, they will play the finals stage in Madrid. 'If they decided to play, it would be unbelievable for Switzerland. We know why they are not there and we understand it. If I were in the team with Federer and Wawrinka, it would be enormous.'

And what about pairing up with Federer in Madrid? 'Oh yeah. I already played with Zimonjic, who was the world No. 1 doubles player. But it would be unbelievable playing next to him. But at the moment we are focused on winning the tie against Russia.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UynPQf

No comments