Breaking News

I adore Roger Federer's kids, says coach Severin Luthi

In an interview to SRF, Roger Federer's coach Severin Luthi commented on his relationship with Roger Federer. They have been working together for 11 years and Federer considers Luthi as a very important person beyond than coach. "We are a bit similar, Roger and I, we like to joke around, often a bit too much, sometimes maybe till ten minutes before a match, but then we also know how to stop, I adore his kids, I spent so much time with them, especially the girls", said Luthi referring to Federer's nine-year-old daughters Myla and Charlene.

Speaking about tennis in Dubai, Federer said: “Very happy with where my game‘s at. I managed the build up again and practice since the Australian Open without any injuries. I have the guts. I was a bit surprised how slow the court is though, will need to adjust accordingly."

Meanwhile Federer's former coach Stefan Edberg, who worked with the Basel native in 2014 and 2015, said he does not plan to be back coaching: 'I always have exciting requests from tennis professionals. Roger, however, has been a big, extreme challenge for me. But I felt it was enough after two years. It was not my plan to travel without my family for several months a year.''

Another Swede, Robin Soderling, commented on his rivalries with Federer and Rafael Nadal: 'I might say I performed two extraordinarily good matches to beat Rafa in 2009 and Roger in 2010, however I might say I performed even a bit higher towards Roger. It was totally different getting into towards Rafa, it wasn’t straightforward nevertheless it was a pleasant feeling.'

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JcayMm

No comments