Breaking News

I seeked help from people, says Nick Kyrgios

Nick Kyrgios put on a show against Borna Coric on Wednesday in Miami. In a press conference, the Australian player said: "Honestly, today, I mean, just a more disciplined -- a more disciplined player just won. He's an unbelievable competitor. He doesn't give you any free points. He played solid. I just lost concentration. Kind of got a little bored in the second set, like my concentration just started veering off. Like, I was 40-15 up. I think it was maybe at 2-1 in the second. I started hitting, like, a Federer serve and stuff. I just lost a bit of concentration. He's a good enough player to just capitalize. And, yeah, I mean, I lost the match on my racquet today, no doubt about it. But, you know, it's no surprise, honestly. I have done it before. You know, it's a tough loss. I mean, there were some really cool points, obviously. I just have to be better mentally. Simple as that. I've got to lock in, just take care of 40-15 points, not screw around so much."

Asked if he seeked for help from others, Kyrgios replied: "That's what coaches, mentalists, people are there for, to draw on their experiences, tell you how to do these things, techniques and how to do it. But at the end of the day, it just comes down to if I want to do it. Yeah, for sure there is people out there that can teach you."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2uyu5fG

No comments