Breaking News

Roger Federer denies he might play ATP events in South America

In an interview to Globo Esporte, Roger Federer denied he may play an ATP event anytime soon in South American places like Argentina or Brazil. In Indian Wells the Swiss player said that in an ideal world he would love to play matches in new places, but he wants to have a light tournaments schedule. Asked about his chances to come back to Brazil, Federer said: "It's difficult. If I go, I will have to play on clay, in Brazil or any other place (in South America). Hard court only in Acapulco, but I cannot play there because I play in Dubai the same week. So, if I happen to play in South America, only for exhibition matches. I cannot do anything different because I am not playing so much... So it's difficult to be everywhere in the same time."

A few days ago Gustavo Kuerten, through a video shared on Twitter, said that he would be ready to play doubles with Federer. "Guga is a good friend", the Basel native recognized. "And he is an amazing person, I was lucky to play against him but... The answer is still the same one. It's not possible for me to go play there. A change by ATP, maybe... But I may compete in an exhibition match. So we can play in amazing places. Playing doubles with Guga? I hope he is in a good shape (laughter). Thank you, Guga! It was nice. I cannot promise nothing now. I am too old to make promises."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FAhmOV

No comments