Breaking News

Rafael Nadal shares plan to be back in 2020 Acapulco

Rafael Nadal plans to be back competing at the Mexican Open in 2020. As confirmed by the Tournament Director Raul Zurutuza, there is an initial agreement between the parts and they will soon meet each other again. After his second round loss to Nick Kyrgios, Nadal said: "Acapulco is always a place that features my calendar. If the organizers are happy with me, I will be back. 2013 triumph has a more special value than any other, because I was coming from a very complicated situation, a lot of months without competing at the level I was motivated to and here I came with a lot of injuries, the knee kept bothering me. For me, winning this tournament was a very important moment. You have a clear thing, players want to come to Acapulco.

When players want to go play to a place is because you do things well. You are near the beach, the tournament takes place in a resort and us players like it. In the end what makes players come is the relationship with the organizers, the people and that always very close for me. It is recognized as one of the best tournaments in the world, so I can just congratulate Raul (Zurutuza, Acapulco Tournament Director) and the whole event for making it special and nice. I like playing this tournament, It makes he happy, I feel loved by people here in Mexico and playing this tournament excites me. There I played with no strategy, I was not looking for the number one ranking position. If I get there it's okay and otherwise it's okay anyway, I do not look to be the number one in the world. I play in Acapulco because I liked doing it", concluded the 32-year-old, who achieved his best result in Acapulco on hard courts in 2017 losing to Sam Querrey in the final.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HLQxLb

No comments