Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios: 'Against Bublik, I was more the more disciplinated player'

Nick Kyrgios defeated Alexander Bublik at the Miami Open to start his campaign on a good note. The Australian player said: "I know he’s a player who tries to keep things on his own terms… kind of reminds me of me a little bit. He just needs to play those bigger points with a little more discipline. Strange me saying that… I thought he was going to put me on a couple of highlight reels. I knew he was trying to at some stage. I knew I had to be the disciplined one of the two today. There’s one other player like that, Dustin Brown, and you have to go out and be the more solid player and hope they fight themselves a little bit. He missed a couple of shots on break point that were insane to go for. I just stayed solid."

“He’s seriously fun to watch and he was fun to play against. It was a very competitive match but at the same time it was good for the crowd, very entertaining. I want all the best for him and I think he can be very good for the sport. I feel I go for things that are just makeable and he goes for things that are not makeable. It’s a lot of fun. He’s got an absolutely huge serve. He goes for big second serves. Imitation is the first form of flattery. He must love me a little bit. He lives and dies by the sword. He goes for big shots, goes for drop shots, very flairy.”

On his next match against Dusan Lajovic, Kyrgios concluded: “He definitely knows how to play and beating Nishikori is a very hard task. I’m not going to underestimate him at all. I dealt with him pretty easy here last year, but I know he’s more than capable of winning tennis matches."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FoxkeN

No comments