Breaking News

Our bodies are suffering because of years in tennis, say Agassi and Graf

In an interview to Stellar Magazine, the 22-time Major winner Steffi Graf commented on how suffering injuries through her career affected her body after retirement "It's not that great. Especially on my knee. The sport was hard on our bodies. We cannot go on a tennis court unless it's for a very short time," said Graf.

Former world no. 1 Andre Agassi, her husband, added: "Her hip got hurt the most and my back is doing pretty bad."

Graf's former coach Heinz Gunthardt also suffered major injuries: "At 18 years of age, doctors told me I would have never played professional tennis. I played for the following 11 years, and I was not afraid of my opponents but of the pain. Tennis is not funny that way."

In an interview to Economic Times, Agassi commented on his way to make investments. The eight-time Slam champion who worked with Novak Djokovic for free last year, said: “I bet on people, not on things. A good idea can get screwed up and an average idea can become something really special because of people.

“I have my more high-risk investments that I personally engage with. Outside of that, I am happy to listen to any investment as a passive investor. But there are one or two areas that I really connect with - like maybe education or sports - where I take a much more aggressive position [and] invest my time and money.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TEI9U8

No comments