Breaking News

Roger Federer shares what he likes the most about Rod Laver

In a press conference in Indian Wells Roger Federer was asked to speak about the Australian legend Rod Laver's legacy. The Swiss player had a lot of words to say. "Him as a player, there is not much I can say, because I don't remember seeing him play, really, other than the highlights", said Federer "So you have probably seen more than me. Just his, you know, what he went through, from amateur to pros, with all the XOs they played, I think over 150 a year, going from city to city. Two different days, you know. I enjoy that part of history. And clearly he was ahead of his time. Like most guys who are changing the game, you know, they brought something else to the game, and he was definitely one of those. And he also was the bridge between different generations. You know, he played Borg at the very end. I think it's nice when you have those kind of players. As a man, he's like all the other great legends of his generation, incredibly humble and a joy to have still around the game today."

Federer also commented on his win over Kyle Edmund: "Being able to belt the ball like he does needs either a good start or good conditions, and he didn't quite find that. I'm sure I profited a little bit from it, but again, I was able to keep him uncomfortable throughout the match. So that's why I think the last game was big for him. Not to break for me obviously, but for him it could have turned things around. I was relieved I got through that one. Look, I see what he's got. He's got everything in the game. It's just a matter of keeping improving, keep plugging away, and then he will make big results again. He knows that."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Fgr8qs

No comments