Breaking News

Rafael Nadal glad to have chosen tennis over football

Rafael Nadal's uncle, Miguel Angel, competed for FC Barcelona some decades ago. Rafa tried to follow his footsteps as he was playing both football and tennis until 13 years of age, then he took a choice. "I do really like soccer and I wasn’t all that bad. But I’m glad I chose tennis…", said Nadal, who rarely plays football nowadays as he is afraid of hurting his knee.

On Cristiano Ronaldo, who left Real Madrid for FC Juventus, Nadal said: "I know him and I think he’s done great things for Real Madrid. He’ll always be part of the history of the club."

Asked how he imagines his life after retirement, Nadal concluded: "I really like the sea, and I go sailing whenever I have the chance. That’s nothing new, I’ve liked it since I was a child."

What key rules do players have to follow at his academy in Manacor? "There are many, because, when it comes to sporting education, the work cannot be limited to simply teaching them to hit a ball or physical training. We try to transmit values that are also important for a person’s life. These are values that must also be present in sport. Of course I’m involved. That’s crucial. To date, I’ve gotten very involved as far as the concept, and right now I’m training there. And when I’m not participating in a tournament, it’s also my training base. But I also like to be with the kids, train with them and participate in activities. I think this formula offers the perfect combination between lounging at the beach on vacation and just the right amount of tennis for various levels.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2uy6ITu

No comments