Breaking News

Roger Federer's achievement is marvellous, says Sachin Tendulkar

Roger Federer winning his 100th career-title in Dubai was a feat praised not just by tennis players but other sporting legends as well, including former cricket player Sachin Tendulkar. In an interview to Mumbai Mirror, the Indian said: "Of course, the 100-titles achievement is terrific. What Roger has achieved is simply marvellous. He is always on top of the game, inspiring young players. He is one of the all-time greats in sport, not just in tennis."

Tendulkar also said he speaks with Federer occasionally: "Generally, we would talk about form and the tour. The conversation is causal. Once l was going to Switzerland and l asked him what he would recommend me."

Novak Djokovic recently dealt with an elbow injury. Tendulkar is aware of the challenges of this physical issue. "Tennis elbow is basically wear and tear or rather is due to that. Its impact depends (on) when happens. There have been colleagues, had this tennis elbow at the end of the season. I had it at the beginning of the season. My bad luck. When I scored that double century (in ODls in 2010), I had an armband on my right hand also. The tennis elbow was on the left hand and the golfer's elbow was on my right at the same time. Because of the experience of having dealt with the tennis elbow earlier, I knew how to deal with this one. I knew how to deal with those challenges. Injury management happens by understanding your body, having the ability to deal with them. Federer sure knows all of that, he would not have survived these physical."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HzpDVL

No comments