Breaking News

Serena Williams is looking forward to the Miami Open, says sister Venus

Venus Williams was asked how Serena Williams reacted to her third round retirement against Garbine Muguruza. The 38-year-old said Serena is already thinking about the future. "I think she wants to be in the tournament, but... I think she's looking forward to Miami. That's her whole focus now. Because it's also another home event. Obviously, any event in the States is home, but Miami and California are extremely special for us. So she's looking forward to getting there and hopefully just being 100%."

Venus feels excited with the remaining events of the season: "I was pretty determined this year. I haven't played that much, so I wanted to make it count. It's not going to get any easier from here, so I just have to continue to raise my game."

How many tournaments will she play? "I don't know. We'll see. Probably somewhere around 12."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FisYaq

No comments