Breaking News

Serena Williams, Naomi Osaka are not that close to the baseline - Evert

In an interview to the New York Times, the 18-time Grand Slam winner Chris Evert commented on Naomi Osaka's loss to Belinda Bencic in Indian Wells. The American believes that the Japanese was not able to adapt herself to the Bencic's gamestyle. “Naomi was rushed and didn’t have time to dictate. I don’t think Naomi had come across a player like that. All these big hitters like Aryna Sabalenka, and even Serena Williams, are not that close to the baseline. They are two or three feet back. But Bencic plays an entirely different game, and she played a flawless match. She’s back, very back.”

In press conference Osaka commented on her new co-operation with coach Jermaine Jenkins: "I think it's always a bit tricky whenever you, like, change someone in the team, but I feel like for a first tournament we did really well. We communicate well. So I think that's a really big plus. I don't think it's going to be difficult. I think that we are all sort of on the same page, and we are all looking forward to Miami. Yeah, I think it should be good." Osaka now looks forward to competing at the Miami Open: "Miami is a tournament that I grew up watching. Since I live in South Florida, I literally went to the venue and watched all the pros, and I always wanted to be like them. I'm fortunate enough to be in this situation now. But I know that they changed the site, so it should be interesting to see, though I did go there, actually, once. But yeah, it should be really exciting. I think everyone is looking forward to it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2O6gvJq

No comments