Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas may be like John McEnroe - Expert

In an interview to Sky Sport, the 86-year-old tennis writer Gianni Clerici made an interesting comparison between Stefanos Tsitsipas and a legend of the past. "Tsitsipas may be a little bit like John McEnroe", said Clerici. "Shapovalov a little bit also, but I pick Tsitsipas but were not Greek players in the past, just one Greek who beat me back in the day! I saw Stefanos playing great at the Australian Open defeating Roger Federer."

Clerici also praised the professionalism of today's players: "McEnroe was not training as much as the current players. Now they play six hours a day, they work too much and they do not enjoy themselves. And they are above 1.80 meters tall!"

Before the final against Roger Federer in Dubai, Tsitsipas had said: I'm sure he will be pumped up. It's not easy. It's not easy for both of us. He obviously wants to beat me. For him, that loss was a big thing. I'm pretty sure he will come - if he wins, whoever wins - inside the court fired up, wanting to take revenge from me. I'm definitely expecting that." On Gael Monfils, he added: "He's a good baseliner. He likes to make you play. If you don't take that advantage and come to the net as often as possible... He's a fast guy. That's the way to go against him. You have a few options. One of them is coming to the net."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2EU89kd

No comments