Breaking News

Roger Federer: In Switzerland I practiced in daytime

Roger Federer had a quick turnaround from his training sessions at daytime in Switzerland to playing five night-session matches in Dubai. In the beginning, Federer struggled and dropped off a set against both Philipp Kohlschreiber and Fernando Verdasco, then he went on a roll. The Swiss said: "I haven't played since the Australian Open so that makes it a little bit more tricky. The wind makes it tricky. Philipp's spins and the kicks he puts on the ball makes it tougher. Night session, you know, I have been practicing indoors in Switzerland and daytime here just because with the rhythm is easier to practice in the daytime and then you come out at night, and it's much easier. Just happy that things got better in the third set and at the end I am very pleased of my level of play."

Federer said he always felt great when competing in Dubai: "I am very happy to be back. Thanks for the welcome, for coming out, for the support, and I think selling out the stadium. I have had a very successful run of tournaments here in the past, some good and also some not so good, so I have had both sides and that's how sport is, and that's why I came back again today and tried my best and I am very happy I got through somehow because Philipp has got me a lot of troubles today in the match and I thought he played very well in slowly conditions so I am very relieved and I hope I can keep going."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2F2dU0k

No comments