Breaking News

Andy Murray: 'Federer, Wawrinka, Nadal messaged me after my surgery'

Andy Murray commented on the players' support toward him. The British player said: "It has been nice. In Australia, it was tough because I didn’t know what the outcome of anything was going to be. The genuine feeling at that stage was that I might not be playing again. I’ve always been at arm’s length with a lot of the players. I am not massively close with loads of guys in the locker room. There’s a few that I get on with really well. Who have I had messages from? I’ve had a couple of messages from [Roger] Federer. [Stan] Wawrinka, he’s messaged me a couple of times. Rafa [Nadal], once or twice – and a lot of the British players. If the match I played in Australia [losing to Roberto Bautista Agut in five sets] was my last one, it would be an amazing way to finish as well. It was a great match, brilliant atmosphere. As I get older, especially because of what I have been through the last couple of years, I’ve realised it’s not about winning all the time. It’s actually about giving your best effort. That day, I could not have given more than what I had.”

Murray added: "If I do get back to playing, something I’d try to do a bit more of is spending more time out in the cities, seeing sights, exploring. We get to go to amazing places, some of the nicest cities in the world. Often we spend most of our time at the courts practising and in hotels, having room service. It’s not what people might imagine it to be – if you’re trying to do everything properly.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2L8qyhI

No comments