Breaking News

Carreno Busta ready to play Davis Cup singles if Rafael Nadal can't

In an interview as quoted by AS Pablo Carreno Busta shared how he feels prior to the Davis Cup Finals in Madrid. The Spanish player admitted he had a tough start to the season because of some injuries: "It was tough, you see that things do not work, you get injured again, you cannot play three tournaments in a row. And I need to have a competition rhythm. Luckily, starting from Wimbledon, things changed. Davis Cup was a goal at the beginning of the year and now I am perfect. In Vienna I retired due to a back injury and I wanted to be at 100 percent here. It's a reward for all the effort I made. The first memory I have about this event is Juan Carlos Ferrero's point against Lleyton Hewitt which made the country win the first Davis Cup. Representing my country always excited me a lot. It's about enjoying."

Carreno Busta feels he can play singles too if Rafael Nadal or Roberto Bautista Agut are not feeling to well after the ATP Finals in London. "They may struggle adapting to Madrid's altitude. Physically I am doing well."

Alexander Antonitsch, the Kitzbuhel Open Tournament Director, said: "Dominic Thiem is one of the best guys and he will probably be the number one after the Big Three". 34 percent more people play tennis in Austria since 2016. "What will happen when he will become number one?", asked Antonitsch. Thiem is playing the ATP Finals in London.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2CPkTrJ

No comments