Breaking News

Dominic Thiem shares keys behind ATP Finals win over Roger Federer

Dominic Thiem was proud with his straight-set win over Roger Federer at the ATP Finals. The Austrian said: "To beat him, everything has to fit together. Today I think was the case again. I played very well. I played a good match in general. Serving, returning well, which is probably the two most important things indoor. Then probably also the last game was crucial. I don't even want to think about what happens if he makes that game and comes back to a tiebreak, so I'm very happy that I pulled that through at 6-5. In general, it's a very nice victory for me. I mean, every time only playing against him is a big honor. Beating him is even better, and especially on this surface indoor where he's feeling well usually."

Thiem feels cautious: "The way to that is still very long. I have my next match on Tuesday against Novak. The system is pretty brutal, I would say, because I had amazing victory today. I'm feeling great. I'm feeling now that I have a good chance to reach the semis, but if I lose on Tuesday, for example, everything is completely open again, and I have to worry about everything on the next match on Thursday. So the only thing I can do is to rest well tomorrow, practice well, and be fully focused again on Tuesday."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/32xJtYn

No comments