Breaking News

Federer, Nadal, Djokovic are not doing great physically -Former world No. 7

In an interview to Repubblica the former world No. 7 and current Italy's Davis Cup team captain Corrado Barazzutti spoke about how it feels to play the ATP Finals. Matteo Berrettini is the first Italian singles player competing in the year-end tournament in 41 years. "I can share my feelings. I was telling myself, God, me at the ATP Finals among the best eight guys in the world... This is not a tournament, it gives you a different feeling. I hoped to get there because it was one of my goals during the year but then you get in a different, unexpected environment. You feel pressure because you want to do well. You need to deal with it. Honestly this extra pressure makes you feel a bit of anxiety and it can also change your performance but your desire to do well is bigger."

On Berrettini feeling tired, Barazzutti added: "Of course it took a lot of energy away from him and so being more fresh would have been useful. But I do not think that Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are brilliant physically. We are at the end of the year, nobody can be in the same physical condition as they were in January. But I think Matteo will still compete in Madrid's Davis Cup Finals. I hope he wins against Dominic Thiem so he will be better than me and Adriano Panatta who just took off a set."

On his split with Ivan Lendl, Alexander Zverev said: "We tried but sometimes it doesn't work personally. The on court job is one thing, but you also need to have a personal relationship. In the end it was difficult so we split. It may have been the worst time to work with together."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Xf3JNf

No comments