Breaking News

Rafael Nadal opens up on physical shape following win vs Tsitsipas

Rafael Nadal was asked how he is doing physically following his ATP Finals three-set match win against Stefanos Tsitsipas. The Spaniard said: "I think I'm fine. No, of course I played two matches close to three hours, but in some ways that helps, because if I'm able to hold these kind of matches, that's what I needed because my preparation was not the ideal one for here. So being able to spend hours on court helped me to play better and better. As many more minutes I spend on court, I feel myself playing better."

Nadal spoke about the No. 1 rankings position: "I remember 2012, for example, I have been playing great, and I have been in a position that I think I was playing great since Roland Garros. After winning Roland Garros, I had to stop for eight months for my knee. Then in 2009 something similar happened. So couple of years that I have been there and for physical issues I was not able to fight for it, no? So have this trophy with me means a lot, and of course is a great achievement."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/32SNUND

No comments