Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I have been asked about retirement for a decade'

In an interview to El Comercio Roger Federer was asked if he is tired for consistently asking questions about his future retirement from tennis. The Swiss said: "I have been answering this question for ten years. So far I have no plans to stop. I am happy playing, despite I am 38 years old and for many years people asked me when the retirement will come. I do not even know myself when I will be done."

On his goals looking to the next season, Federer added: "The first one is to be healthy. Other goals are of course to be at Wimbledon and seek the gold medal at the Olympic Games in Tokyo. Winning a singles gold medal is one of the few things I have not achieved yet."

On his next plans, Federer said: "I want to sleep for some days and spend time with my family. Then I will be back to practice ahead of the Australian Open."

Federer recalled when he dealt with a knee injury back in 2016. The Swiss said: "I was 35 years old and people were saying i would not be able to recover. I knew I was struggling with my knee and that I needed a surgery and rehabilitation. I did the rehab and i got injured again. I understood I needed more rest. For me it was a complete re-start because I came back with a lot of energy to keep winning big tournaments. I admit it was a difficult time, but I never thought about the retirement."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35yXOph

No comments