Breaking News

Simona Halep's coach Darren Cahill praises Rafa Nadal's fighting spirit

Simona Halep's coach Darren Cahill praised Rafael Nadal's mentality during his three-set win over Daniil Medvedev. The Australian, through Twitter, wrote: "The fist pump after saving MP and holding serve at 1/5 in the 3rd says it all. They are not just words to Rafa."

Medvedev said: "You never give up the points, because it would be stupid, and especially against a player like Rafa. If he feels that he's going to take it straightaway, he's going to take you into his arms. So for sure I didn't give any points just like this. The thing is that when you play a tennis match, it's always you against an opponent. And again, when it's Rafa, he feels he's 5-3, he can close a set. It was tough. I had a game point. I think I didn't put too many first serves in. And after it became 6-3, that was when I was completely focusing on the third set. So it was your impression, but after it happens like this many times in many tennis matches."

Asked if he would have beaten Stefanos Tsitsipas if he played at the same level he did against Nadal, Medvedev replied: "It's really tough to say, because you can play amazing and still lose a match. I do think I would have a little bit more chances to win, but doesn't mean at all that I would win it. I mean, I lost, so there's nothing to talk about."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QjOzoI

No comments