Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas: 'I would like to have the army Roger Federer has'

Stefanos Tsitsipas was asked about the difference between his two wins over Roger Federer at the Australian Open and on Saturday at the ATP Finals in London. The Athens native said: "This time it was two sets. Last time it was four sets. I can say I have improved since the last time I played him. Not last time. Since I played him at the Australian Open I have improved. I can see myself more as a grownup now than then. The difference wasn't really big today. I just feel like despite being close to getting broken many times, he had plenty of breakpoints, I felt like I wasn't serving bad. He was returning really well, putting every return back and making me play, which I understood. That made it difficult. Two different Stefanoses from Australia and today."

And Novak Djokovic? "I don't know. I don't know how people react to things. I don't know what people like. I hope they like me when I play out on the court, because I feel like I have a lot of things to offer for tennis. And I would love to see one day potentially a fan base and people come to the court like they do for Roger, because it's an army. And you need that. You need an army like this. I want to feel connected with people. I want to be -- I want to be known as a good tennis player because that's what the fans want to see. They want to see a good personality, a good person who can provide for the others."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2ppo4Db

No comments