Breaking News

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are examples to follow, says Ferrer

In an interview to Sky Sport David Ferrer spoke about his path on the professional tour. The Spanish player said: "I am very happy with my career. There was always a lot of fair play and honesty between me and the players. It's also about the character and education of each of us. Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal are an example to follow. Seeing Rafa's ambition, his desire to constantly improve, was an inspiration. I tried to copy his attitude, I cannot definitely compare myself to him but all of this helped me. I always say that the best education is a great example."

On his best memory, Ferrer said: "The Davis Cup match against Juan Martin del Potro in 2011 Sevilla. Davis Cup is a different competition, you feel the pressure more, you play for a whole country and you are part of a group of players who fight for the same goal. It's a really special competition."

Ferrer finally praised Stefanos Tsitsipas: "He is an unbelievable player. He has the right maturity and he is ready to achieve big things like he is doing. He already defeated top ten players. Then he has great feelings, he has a lot of charisma, he is one-handed and plays with a lot of rhythm. His level never drops like we saw against Federer."

In an interview to Sky Sport Tsitsipas spoke about Novak Djokovic's influence on him. The Athens native said: "He had pretty good advices for me. It's inspiring because there is a lot of positives. The last thing you have to do is to feel sad and unhappy. So the happiness goes above all. His advices are very much appreciated by all the players. I got a lot from each of them during the Laver Cup a few weeks ago. It helped me a lot to understand certain things. Nole is a very good friend of mine. He loves my country. We usually have good time together and he is a great person."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2qk5hcZ

No comments