Breaking News

Juan Martin del Potro: I want to try to end my career as I deserve

Former US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro. of Argentina, says he would like to end his career as he deserves and would like his parents to see him play in a Grand Slam as they have never done before.

Juan Martin del Potro says he would like his career to end as he deserves

Speaking on a podcast recorded by ESPN, the former World No. 3 says, “My parents never came to see me play on a Grand Slam. It is a real source of motivation for me. I have to come back so they can come. And then I can say "Roger (Federer), come and say hello to my parents. They are from Tandil."

del Potro says he is still troubled by his knee injury for which he is reported to be consulting the same doctor that Roger Federer consulted for his knee issues. Federer also underwent a second procedure on his knee recently and said he would miss the entire 2020 season as he recovers from the same. "There are days when things are better than others. Like all those who have knee problems, it is present when I climb a ladder, when I carry weight or when it is wet. It's difficult, but I want to try to end my career as I deserve. "

Juan Martín del Potro won the 2009 US Open, beating Rafael Nadal in the semifinal and 5-time defending champion Roger Federer in the final. He was the first to beat both Federer and Nadal during the same major and was the only man outside the Big Four to win a major between the 2005 French Open and the 2013 US Open. Among the other achievements, del Potro has reached the 2018 US Open final, won the bronze medal in men's singles at the 2012 London Olympics, the silver medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics, the Indian Wells Masters in 2018, and was part of Argentina's successful Davis Cup team. He has suffered from various wrist and knee injuries throughout his career. He has not played since the Queen's event in June last year during which he suffered his most recent injury. He underwent his most recent surgery on his knee in January and is continuing to work on the rehabilitation of the same.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2V8UHSc

No comments