Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal inspire me

Novak Djokovic admitted that Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer inspire him after winning his ninth Australian Open title. 

Djokovic, 33, beat Daniil Medvedev in straight sets in the Australian Open final to lift his 18th Grand Slam title. 

Nadal and Federer each have 20 Grand Slam titles in their collection, while Djokovic comes at the third place with his 18 Majors. 

Djokovic is set to break Federer's record for most weeks spent as world No. 1 and his next goal is to break the all-time Grand Slam record.

"Roger and Rafa inspire me,” Djokovic said, per Tennis Majors. “That’s something that I’ve said before. I’ll say it again. I mean, I think as long as they go, I’ll go. I think in a way it’s, like, a race who plays tennis more, I guess, and who wins more. It’s a competition between us in all areas. But I think that’s the very reason why we are who we are, because we do drive each other, we motivate each other, we push each other to the limit.”

Coach says Djokovic can't only focus on the Grand Slams 

Djokovic warmed up for the Australian Open by representing Serbia at the ATP Cup.

"You cannot only concentrate about Grand Slams,” Djokovic's coach Goran Ivanisevic said. “You always have to play something before Grand Slams to have a match. So he’s going to have to play something before every Grand Slam, before big tournaments. Now, to be honest, I don’t care because he won the tournament and he can play next tournament French Open if you ask me. But he needs to play. He needs to play something before. He is the guy, he wants to play, these spectators I hope is going to be back soon, because this is sport about, you play for the spectators. Everybody enjoyed it after one year of sadness.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3bvKd6R

No comments