Breaking News

Jo-Wifried Tsonga: I have to imagine another way to play and win

Jo-Wifried Tsonga has never won a Grand Slam title and he will likely finish his career without a Major but he is happy with what he has accomplished throughout his career.

“When you play, you don’t think at all that you are the best,” Tsonga told The Guardian. “You’re just playing and try to give your best on the court and it’s never enough for a competitor. And I’m part of that. Now I’ve approached the end and, of course, now I’ve realised that what I did was something great, but not more than this. For me, it was incredible. For me. Of course, for people, there’s so many guys like me. So for people it’s normal. For me, it’s a miracle. A miracle.”

Tsonga, 36, has been plagued by various injuries over the last several years and he is far from his best tennis. 

“I have to imagine another way to play, to win, and at the moment it’s not easy,” Tsonga noted. “I will continue to see how it goes and if it goes well, I would be happy to compete again and win. And if not, it’s going to be the end of a nice adventure.”

Tsonga 'fortunate' to play in the Big Three Era

"I think I was fortunate to play with them. For me, it was an honour to play with them. At the end, they will be the best players ever. Four of them, because I consider Andy almost like them," Tsonga said. 

“Of course it was not easy to play with them. In all tournaments, I had to play one on one round, and another one the day after, maybe another one the day after and maybe another one in the finals! It was difficult. I did one time in Toronto [in 2014]. When I won Toronto, I beat Andy, Novak and Roger in the row. At the end I was completely sick, completely tired.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3i6iqPw

No comments