Breaking News

Benoit Paire explains why he sometimes breaks rackets

Benoit Paire has been one of the most controversial players for years, sometimes not giving his best and being nervous on court. In an interview to New York Times, Paire admitted that not showing his emotions is difficult. “When you go at work and you have a desk or something, nobody sees", the 29-year-old said. "But when you have a problem out of court and you have to play tennis, mentally, you have a problem. Maybe I have a problem in my life and maybe that’s why I break some racquets, because I don’t feel good out of the court. But people just see the match. They can’t imagine out of the court I have some problem. That’s why it’s difficult for people to understand we have another life out of the court.”

Paire also spoke about another tough aspect of the professional tennis player's life: "Every week we have a different tournament. Different part of the world. It’s not easy. I think if we play tennis, we enjoy to travel. Of course, I want to be at home and with my family, but I enjoy to be in a different country.”

Paire didn't open his season on a very high note. He reached the Pune Open quarter-finals but he then lost in the Auckland and Australian Open first round. He is set to play the Montpellier Open next.

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HBg2Q2

No comments