Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'Rod Laver Arena brings me a lot of memories'

Novak Djokovic feels joyful for his seventh Australian Open title. Speaking in a press conference after his win over Rafael Nadal in a straight set final, the Serb said: 'Feels great. This has been my most successful Grand Slam throughout my career, the first one that I won back in 2008. As I said on the court, I have a lot of beautiful memories from Rod Laver Arena. Yeah, past two years have been a bit tough with the elbow injury and everything. Over the past 10 years, I've had plenty of success here. Obviously that has helped to kickstart the season in a great fashion, obviously served as a great confidence boost for what was coming up after that. I think that's one of the reasons why I think I always try to push myself really to focus here and to play as best as I can so I can really start off the season well. Obviously, I'm not the only one. Everyone tries to get their hands on one of the four biggest titles in sport. But Australia has been really kind to me throughout my career, I can to say at least.'

Before the meeting with Lucas Pouille, Djokovic had refused to speak about his eventual clash with Nadal. 'Right now it's my press conference, so it will be nice to talk about me more than Nadal. If you want to talk about our possible encounter, we talk about that if we both win semis', said Djokovic.

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UnGu0S

No comments