Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: Ferrer fights like crazy. Illness left marks on me

Alexander Zverev was disappointed with his three-set loss to David Ferrer in Miami. The German player had a brief interview with reporters. "I didn't play good," said Zverev, who was coming from his straight-set loss to Jan-Lennard Struff in Indian Wells. "He obviously is a warrior, he fights like crazy, and he plays unbelievable tennis still. The Indlan Wells illness still left some marks. I didn't play a lot of tennis, I didn't practice a lot. I didn't play a lot of tournaments this year. For me, this was my third tournament of the year. Indian Wells, I'm not even counting that. I was playing with (a) fever. I just need to play. I just need to get back in my match rhythm. I'm someone who plays well when he plays a lot, so I need to start doing that agaln, and I hope things will be better. I've said this a lot of times: I respect him the most on tour. This hasn't changed."

Zverev is committed to play the Monte Carlo Masters. Asked if he would add a tournament to his schedule, like for example Marrakech, he replied: "We'll see. I don't know yet."

Ferrer lost to Frances Tiafoe in the third round in Miami. The Miami Open was the Spaniard's last tournament on hard court. He is set to retire at the Madrid Open in May this year. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HMOeHK

No comments