Breaking News

I do not lose matches because of fitness, says Roger Federer

Roger Federer continues to wow everyone with his fitness even at the age of 37. So, how has the Swiss managed to achieve this? While he is playing the Miami Open, here is a recap back to when he had spoken on the topic. 

In an interview during the 2018 Paris Masters, Roger Federer had commented on his concept of fitness. The Swiss player has always stood out for his amazing physical shape and, recalling the beginning of his career, he said: "I was looking for answers, why I was doing fitness, and I have a great coach Pierre Paganini who has been with me for 20 years. I do not enjoy cycling, for example, all the part involving hindrance, I do not like that. It's becoming a movement game, so fitness is really taking a big step in the last years."

Would Federer be able to run a marathon race? "No. That's a totally different fitness we are talking about. That's endurance fit that tennis does not really need in my opinion. Because it's continuous running, which we do not do. We run ten seconds and we take a rest ten seconds. We have breaks in between. Am I the fittest player? I do not know, everybody is very different. For me, it's about explosiveness. So I can be barely tired but also very tired. I hope I am fit because I really believe I do not lose matches because of fitness."

Federer also spoke about playing tennis with Andre Agassi on the helipad of the Burj al Arab in 2005. "I remember very clearly when I was stepping in the panoramic elevator in the back, we had a great time, the helicopter was filming in the match, the images came around the world and people still talk about it which is great. I played in some terrific places but this one was truly unique. It was pretty special and crazy actually."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2uvFKfo

No comments