Breaking News

Kohlschreiber: 'I had great strategy to face Novak Djokovic. Special win'

Philipp Kohlschreiber felt overwhelmed with his straight-set win over Novak Djokovic. The German player prevailed 6-4 6-4 and in a press conference he said: "Very special to beat the No. 1. Unfortunately, the tournament is not over. I have to get back tomorrow (Wednesday) with a great mindset", said Kohlschreiber looking to his next match against Gael Monfils, who he beat just two times out of 15. "Today, I want to take the moment, celebrate with my coach, I would say. And I've got a lot of messages. I know it's a very special victory today. Yeah, it's great and it's special, but if you talk around so much, I would say you forget that you're still in the tournament and there is still a long way. I think to win more matches here, I have to be ready as soon as possible. Then it's gonna be another or even much tougher match tomorrow."

Kohlschreiber also commented on how it felt to come back on the court on Tuesday after that the rain halted the match after not even two games on Monday: "I was not unhappy with the rain delay yesterday night. The warmer conditions suited my game more today. I was fresh. I had a great strategy to play against him. I had two good wins. So everything came together."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Uz2tm4

No comments