Breaking News

Moya recalls long conversation with Nadal before joining forces in 2016

In an interview to the US Open YouTube account, the Rafael Nadal's coach Carlos Moya recalled the long conversation he had with the 32-year-old before joining his team in December 2016. Nadal was suffering a wrist injury at the time. "I wanted to see how he was feeling, what his expectations were, he was coming from two difficult years, 2015 and 2016. I wanted him to be back at his best level but I needed him to tell me if he was ready to work hard, if he was motivated to try his best again. It was a easy and very friendly conversation but it was important for me to know what he wanted to do, what he wanted from me", said Moya.

Moya also invited kids to come to the Nadal Academy: "I wish as a kid I had all the facilities that kids have here. The facilities are amazing, you have everything you need. All the tools are there to become the best player you can be. We have a great team of experienced coaches, the best tennis courts in the world. Clay, indoor, hard courts. We also have the school here, you can study in the same site and I think all this makes the Academy a great place to develope yourself. Not only as a tennis player but also as a person. I will send my kids here."

Moya commented on the new rules introduced at the Next Gen ATP Finals: "The best of four games sets are interesting for the crowd and for the television too. Every game is so important and matches usually don't last more than two hours. That's good if you see it on TV. As a player it makes you being tense and not calm. I like no let. But two of these rules could be introduced in the future."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2CFIP0V

No comments