Breaking News

Vonn: Roger Federer inspired with his on and off-court behavior

In an interview to Yahoo, the American skier Lindsey Vonn commented on her idols. She mentioned the 20-time Grand Slam winner Roger Federer. "As a girl, Picabo Street (former American skier, Super G Olympic champion) was my idol. As an adult, athletes like Roger Federer and Askel Lund Svindal inspired me for the way they behaved on and off-court", confessed Vonn, who retired from the sport last week. "Also, I have a lot of respect for PK Subban (NHL Canadian NHL player), and his ability to help so many kids with his philanthropy and all his heart. I hope to extend my basics in the same way once I retire. I have a lot of projects. I will focus mostly on the creation of my activities and spending time with my family."

Asked if she believes she is the greatest skier ever, Vonn replied: "As someone who won more yes, a result which makes me extremely proud. It was a honor for me to have opponents like Sofia Goggia, I was an inspiration for her and I helped her find motivation, especially after the injury. Being respectful of each other is really unbelievable. I hope to have left to the next generation the thought that everything is possible."

Is Shiffrin her skiing heir? "What she already did for the American ski is great and I wish her every success in the future," she concluded.

Vonn once met Federer in the Swiss alps for Lindt, one of their endorsements.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JeWaD7

No comments