Breaking News

Tsonga: I lose lots of energy when I travel by plane

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga retired in the second set of his first-round match against Taylor Fritz at the Monte Carlo Masters on Tuesday. The Frenchman said: "What happened was that I arrived, let me think, from Marrakech, Sunday evening, and then I arrived here. I went to hit some balls yesterday, that's Monday, and that's it. Today I went out there, and I was feeling a little pain in the lower part of my back. Today I just couldn't play at my best level. I had that little pain in the lower part of my back, and I lacked energy. So I couldn't really defend my chances of winning, so that's it."

Elaborating, he added, "Well, it goes a little further than a little fatigue, because I actually lose lots of energy when I have to travel by plane. As I was saying, I had a little pain in the lower part of my back. I also have problems to play tournament after tournament. Whenever I have to take the plane in between, I lose lots of energy. So there is nothing really serious, but mind you, for me, this is sort of normal. I try to be patient. I try to win. Sometimes I can; sometimes I can't. But that's the way it is. And it is a real pity, but at least I try. If I can make it, then I go back home, try to rest, and I try again. Of course, it is sort of heavy on my mind, because I would love to play in good shape. But all along my career, it's been difficult. The years go by, and it is really frustrating, to be honest. But I know that when I'm in good shape I can do good things, so I try to keep myself motivated."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ICix3m

No comments