Breaking News

Roger Federer is the king of tennis, says Berrettini

In an interview with Ubitennis, Matteo Berrettini shared on how it felt to face Nikoloz Basilashvili in an almost empty Court no. 1 while 11,000 people were attending Roger Federer's opening round match against John Millman on the Central Court. "Federer is king of tennis and I am used to it. You enjoy yourself more if there are more people but if I and my coach were there, it would have been the same. It's always tough to come off from a title, but I did not expect to fit this surface so quickly", said Berrettini.

Meanwhile, Andreas Seppi recalled his most recent match with Berrettini on grass: "Back in the day Matteo struggled, he was making a debut on the grass. But he has not been getting broken since six matches so it will be difficult. Now he is growing on all surfaces, he has the potential and I think he can reach the Wimbledon semifinals and crack the top ten rankings", said the 35-year-old, who will take a rest after Wimbledon as he will go through hip medications. He will then be back in Winston Salem prior to the US Open.

Berrettini concluded: "I am flattered by Andreas's words, who has been on the Tour for a lifetime. We have a close relationship. As for me, I try to think match by match, it's strange to be a world no. 22 but I would lie if I said that a Major semifinal and a top ten ranking is not one of my goals."

Berrettini lost to Seppi on Thursday in the second round. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WTbn34

No comments