Breaking News

Berrettini can find a way to beat Roger Federer, says strategy analyst

In an interview to Sport Senators Matteo Berrettini's strategy analyst Craig O'Shannessy spoke about the groups stage match that will feature the Italian and Roger Federer. The Australian said: "There is a way to beat Federer. All the players have some tactics who they choose. Now Novak is at the top of the form, it's good that Matteo faces him straight forward, he is the toughest. He has nothing to lose and it will be useful to gain experience and get used to the environment. Whether he wins or loses doesn't matter, he will definitely be more ready to the match against Roger and it's a match that we will prepare very well. He has very good chances against him."

How did the co-operation with Berrettini start? "I approached the Italian Federation in 2017. I held some lessons in Milan, Turin and Rome. FIT asked me to do what I was doing with Novak also with Berrettini and Lorenzo Sonego. At the time they were world No. 60 or 100, Novak was okay with it but if they were Roger, Rafa o Thiem…”

Now Matteo is a top ten guy... "There are no problems because we started a long time ago, and then he always has Vincenzo Santopadre and Umberto Rianna next to him", he recognized.

Alexander Zverev is feeling great before his opening round match at the ATP Finals in London on Monday night. "Playing against Rafael Nadal in the first match is obviously something special. It's an unbelievable honour to compete against the best guys. It was a difficult year especially off the court. I think I do not have the toughest group", said the Hamburg native who also thought about ending his season earlier: "That's what I told my team, If Asia doesn't go well, I will end my season and I will go on holidays." Now he feels healthy, confident and fit: "I am happy to be able to play here. I know I won against all the guys who are here. But I have to play my best tennis."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Cv6fWs

No comments