Breaking News

Novak Djokovic will fight Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal for Olympic gold

Novak Djokovic has recognized in Belgrade that he feels "motivated and inspired" so that 2020 is his best season, although being an Olympic year it will be very intense and with many challenges.

“I had the honour to win the bronze medal for Serbia in Beijing in 2008, and I feel that the moment has come to win another one,” Djokovic told the Serbian press during a recent press conference. “I will give my best to prepare and be at my top level for the Olympics and grand slam tournaments.

I will approach the Olympic games like any other tournament because I see this is as the best way to be in a position to fight for one of the medals. On the other hand, I look forward to experiencing what no other tournament can bring – the Olympic atmosphere in the village.”

'Nole' will participate in the Dubai tournament in singles and doubles. "Each game is a new opportunity for me to be an even better version of myself. I think I can progress further, I can improve the movement, the returns," explained the Serbian who is looking for his best version.

Djokovic has won 17 Grand Slam singles titles, the third-most in history for a male player, five ATP Finals titles, 34 ATP Tour Masters 1000 titles, 13 ATP Tour 500 titles, and has held the No. 1 spot in the ATP rankings for over 275 weeks. In Majors, he has won a record eight Australian Open titles, five Wimbledon titles, three US Open titles, and one French Open title.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2V4auCJ

No comments