Breaking News

Andy Murray reveals his concerns over new Davis Cup format

Great Britain's Andy Murray is anxious to see how will the Davis Cup look with its new format. 

Great Britain will be one of 18 teams competing at the inaugural Davis Cup Finals in Madrid from November 18-24. 

Murray, a three-time Grand Slam champion, will be one of five Britons representing Great Britain in Madrid. 

"I’m excited and intrigued to see what it’ll be like with the new format," Murray told reporters in London on Tuesday, per Metro UK. "I’m going to miss the atmosphere because I don’t think the atmosphere’s going to be the same as some of the home ties or the away ties that I played.

"The atmospheres are tough but atmospheres when I finish playing I remember, like Belgian final and my first Davis Cup in Israel. I’m going to miss that but I love being around the team and I’m excited to see what the new format looks like and I hope the atmosphere is brilliant.

"That’s my one concern about it. From what I hear we’ve sold a lot of tickets and will have a decent fanbase out there. But how does that work if we get through to the quarter-finals, who has tickets for that, how many can stay? We’ll see but it’ll be interesting to see how it goes."

In 2015, former world No. 1 Murray led Great Britain to winning its first Davis Cup title since 1936. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2KlTYYq

No comments