Breaking News

Rafael Nadal v Daniil Medvedev Davis Cup revenge won't happen!

Daniil Medvedev has withdrawn from the Davis Cup Finals in Madrid. The Russian player is tired and he has decided to end his season earlier than planned despite he just played one match in Paris and three matches at the ATP Finals. In London, the Moscow native lost to Stefanos Tsitsipas and Alexander Zverev in straight sets and to Rafael Nadal in three, wasting a match point.

The Russian team will be made up of Karen Khachanov, Andrey Rublev and Evgeny Donskoy. Spain and Russia will face each other on Tuesday, and Nadal and Medvedev were supposed to play singles against each other. They can still have a revenge of the Montreal, US Open finals and ATP Finals groups stage match, all of them won by the Mallorcan, at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi from 19 to 21 December.

Speaking in a press conference on Friday, Medvedev had said: "I always said that for me actually experience of something new is the key, and it was my first time in ATP Finals. I can say that I was thinking about it after the match with Rafa, because I thought I would not have the chance to get out of the group. Then I actually had but then I didn't, finally. I tried to remember if I actually had any good first-time experience in tennis like, I don't know, coming to first Grand Slam and winning, going in the semis or anything like this. I don't think I ever did it, so I'm really the guy who needs to know how it is before to really get into it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35a8Elq

No comments