Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'I was challenged on every level during injury'

In an interview to Tennis Channel Novak Djokovic recalled his last 12 months. The Serb recovered from an elbow issue and he is now seeking his fourth Grand Slam title in a row. "Especially after the last couple of years I had with injury and surgery, and coming back from that, elbow surgery took a while for me to really find my game and I changed rackets and different things", said Djokovic.

"A year ago I was No. 22 in the world and I was struggling to find my best version of myself on the court and here is 12 months forward I find myself in this position which is quite remarkable, it's a great feeling, I love this game, i am probably as dedicated as ever and it's obviously mostly about Grand Slams, this is where I want to play my best, make history but being in a position of number one in the world, this is a responsibility as well and an incentive to keep going and being professional and trying to be consistent throughout the year. When you have a major injury like that and that takes you off the tour for six, seven months and then you have surgery and that requires time to really adjust to new changes, then you do not change the racket and so forth. These are the major changes that I have never had in my life so I was challenged on every level, physically, mentally, emotionally. But I am very pleased with the way I have managed to bounce back and in Wimbledon, that's when it was the great springboard", concluded the 32-year-old.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2JLOAiS

No comments