Breaking News

Roger Federer: '2018 Wimbledon loss to Kevin Anderson was hard'

In an interview to Paris Match, Roger Federer commented on how his motivation stays high despite spending 21 years on the professional tour. The Swiss player said: "I do not think I lost hunger. Married or not, with or without children, my balance has always been there. I felt well with myself already before. What may have changed is my ability to quickly forget a difficult loss. When I was younger, it was terrible. I was sad for the entire day, and the day after when I woke up. It's important that losses hurt you. We have to learn from them. Now, it lasts half an hour at best. Much quicker, from the first interviews, I accept it. And at home, it's like if the match did not happen. I do not want it to influence us. Last year losing in five sets at Wimbledon was tough after having a match point. But saving my family from the disappointment has become my biggest strength."

Asked if it happens that people may not recognize him, Federer replied: "Yeah! It's also very nice. Recently, as a part of a trip for my Foundation, i went to Zambia where they know nothing about tennis! Even in other places, it can happen time by time. And I can have a normal life with my children and my wife. I cannot complain. And living in Switzerland, where we treat each other normally, helped."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2wot1fx

No comments